We take the safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously at St Stephen’s Church. Our Parish Safeguarding Officers and Churchwardens can be contacted on 020 7735 8461.
• NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
• Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
• National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
• Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
• Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
• Lambeth Social Services: 020 7926 5555
Diocesan Safeguarding Team
• Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Kate Singleton
020 7939 9423, mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
• Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Marie Daly
020 7939 9441, mobile 07946 255295
• Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser: Louise Vernon
020 7939 9462, mobile 07946 255622
Diocesan Safeguarding Policies and Procedures
A Safe Church
We want St Stephen’s to be a safe place for everyone, including our children. We’re happy for you to take photos or videos of your own children for yourself if they are taking part in a service or other events. But please can you not share these on social media, as they may include other children whose parents have not given permission for photos or videos of them to be shared online.