Each year the church sets aside some money to support individuals, projects, and missions known to church members to assist them in the work God has called them to do. Recent examples include:
- Supporting young women at the Girl Child Hope Foundation in Uganda led by Rev Can Josephat Bwalhuma
- Kone Kmeng – This Cambodian charity empowers local churches to meet the needs of their communities, focusing on children at risk. www.kone-kmeng.org
- We support various former members of our congregation who are now working as missionaries overseas:
Anne is based in Guinea, West Africa. Anne supports and encourages the local church, and works with others to share the good news of Jesus with the local community. In particular she works to improve the conditions in a local prison and bring the good news of Jesus to the prisoners.
Yaw leads ‘RELITE Africa’, based in Accra, Ghana. RELITE trains men and women at the University of Ghana to read and understand the Bible, to apply Biblical teaching to daily life, and to teach and preach the Bible effectively to others, all in a context where there is little training for church leaders.
Tokunbo leads Pleroma Missions in Nigeria.
Penny works with Mission Direct leading groups of Christians to support projects in various countries. http://www.missiondirect.org
Glenn and his late wife Siobhan and their family returned some years ago to Wales having for many years lived in Cambodia, and worked with the church and non-government organisations to prevent child sexual exploitation. They ran projects that reduce risk by educating children and providing vocational training for youth. They worked to discourage sex tourism , and did research and advocacy with children who are returning to their communities after shelter and on the often neglected issue of sexual exploitation of boys. Glenn continues to advocate for and write about this work.
We also support various ministries in London such as:
- The Robes Project – providing shelter for the homeless http://www.robes.org.uk
- Street Pastors – bring a Christian presence to the night life of London https://streetpastors.org/locations/lambeth/
- Spinnaker – doing Christian work in schools in coordination with local churches https://www.spinnaker.org.uk/
We also provide an office and financial support for Fegans who work with families locally https://www.fegans.org.uk/